Thursday, August 21, 2014

Dreams are Wishes


Dear Andra,

One of my favorite songs over the last few years has been a Disney song from Cinderella. I loved the words and found myself needing to hear them often.

A dream is a wish your heart makes,
when you're fast asleep.
In dreams you will lose your heartache.
Whatever you wish for you keep.
Have faith in your dreams and someday,
your rainbow will come smiling through.
No matter how your heart is grieving,
if you keep on believing,
the dream that you wish,
will come true.

You see... I have dreamed of being a Mom for years. It took us awhile to prepare for you and once we were prepared and ready it took even more patience and time to get pregnant. I had to remind myself often that one day all my wishes of being a Mom would come true. This little reminder was difficult at times when I was watching so many people I knew having babies of their own.

Halloween 2013 came and I decided to take a pregnancy test. My heart told me I needed to but my brain told me it was a dumb idea. I was convinced there was no way I would actually receive the results I wanted to see. I took the test on my lunch break and waited... the word PREGNANT showed up on the screen. My eyes and brain did not believe what it was seeing but my heart swelled with hope and joy. I immediately called your Dad and his reaction was so funny because he didn't believe me. I had to take three more pregnancy tests over a two week period before he would even start talking about it. He was so excited for you but afraid it wouldn't be real and he would be left heartbroken. Your Daddy has such a kind and loving heart and loved you so much before we even knew we would have you.



We were so thrilled to finally be pregnant! All my dreams and wishes were finally coming true.

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment